Offering a Full Range of Vet-Exclusive Prescription Diets
Coast Mountain Veterinary Services offers a full range of veterinary-exclusive prescription diets. These diets are specially formulated from quality ingredients and are often balanced specifically for different stages of life and common illnesses/issues such as Dental Disease Prevention, Gastrointestinal Problems, Urinary, Weight Reduction/Maintenance and much more.
We carry Royal Canin Veterinary Diets and Hill’s Prescription Diets to meet all of your pets nutrition needs.
What to feed:
- Feeding the appropriate amount and type of food helps keep your pet healthy throughout their life
- A specific diet that is nutritionally balanced helps ensure your pet is getting the necessary calories, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals essential for their lifestyle and life stage.
- When switching diets, a gradual introduction should be done over a period
of a week to avoid stomach upset
How much to feed and Body Condition Score:
- Feeding the appropriate amount is important, which means measuring your pet’s food with a measuring cup at every meal.
- Maintaining an ideal weight means your pet will be less prone to injury and medical illnesses that can come from being overweight.
- Treat’s are great for training and when given in moderation. Remember to include those treats in the daily calories your dog should receive.
- Regular and adequate amounts of exercise help keep your pet healthy and fit
- Avoid excessive exercise and activities as they may be harmful to you pets developing bones and joints
- Frequent and short bouts of play at a younger age
- As your pet gets older gradually increase the lengths of walks and exercise