Coast Mountain Veterinary Services offers a full range of veterinary exclusive prescription diets. These diets are specially formulated from quality ingredients and are often balanced specifically for different stages of life
and common illnesses/issues such as: Dental Disease Prevention, Gastrointestinal Problems, Urinary, Weight Reduction/Maintenance and many more.
We carry Royal Canin Veterinary Diets and Hill’s Prescription Diets to meet all of your pets nutrition needs.
What to feed:
– Feeding the appropriate amount and type of food helps keep your pet healthy throughout their life
– A specific diet that is nutritionally balanced helps ensure your pet is getting the necessary calories, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals essential for their lifestyle and life stage.
-When switching diets, a gradual introduction should be done over a period
of a week to avoid stomach upset
How much to feed and Body Condition Score:
– Feeding the appropriate amount is important, which means measuring your pet’s food with a measuring cup at every meal.
– Maintaining a ideal weight means your pet will be less prone to injury and medical illness’s that can come from being overweight.
– Treat’s are great for training and when given in moderation. Remember toinclude those treats in the daily calories your dog should receive.
– Regular and adequate amounts of exercise help keep you pet healthy and fit
– Avoid excessive exercise and activities as they may be harmful to you pets developing bones and joints
– Frequent and short bouts of play at a younger age
– As your pet gets older gradually increase the lengths of walks and exercise